Connect for Kids has created a useful guide to all the Summer in the Parks programming happening around the North Shore. Head to your local park or playground this summer and connect with one of our fabulous partners:
- North Vancouver Recreation & Culture Playground Leaders in the Parks: Join playground leaders for some fun in select North Vancouver parks! Participants drop-in and may come and go as they please. Children under the age of 6yrs should be accompanied by a caregiver. Daycare groups are welcome! For more infornation call NVRC at 604-987-7529
- Wheels Mobile Support Program :“Wheels in the Parks” is an opportunity for families with young children to gather information about early childhood learning and care, parent support, health and wellness and cultural support from participating North Shore agencies and organizations. Storytime with the local library is offered in select parks. Cancelled for rain. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Family Services of the North Shore, I hope family centre: Join us at I hope Maplewood for Learning Together through Outdoor Play. This play-based early childhood development program takes place in our inviting, outdoor play space and includes many different ways to explore outdoor. Each session includes child-led play, songs, stories and a healthy snack.The program runs rain or shine so please bring appropriate outerwear. Families attending the program may receive a stamp to visit Maplewood Farm. Contact 604.986.9311 for more information.
- Parkgate Parent Community Developers: Please join the Parkgate PCD’s during the summer for Playgroup in the Park. This program is for children ages 0-6 and their parents and caregivers (Siblings welcome). We provide a light snack for the children and coffee and tea for the adults. This program runs rain or shine. Please contact the PCD’s for more information: 604-983-6444 *849
- North Shore Neighbourhood House Parent Community Developers: Meet us for an outdoor playgroup experience. Meet other families: enjoy waterplay, art, activities, games, storytime and much more. You are invited to a morning of fun. For more information call 604-983-6494 (cancelled if raining)
- North Shore Parent Activity Group: The North Shore Parent Activity Group invites parents with young children for a picnic in the park, including a special visit from a Science World staff member. We will play with experiments, get messy and receive some activities to take home. To register, please email email@example.com or call 604-982-3304.
- Red Fox Healthy Living Society: the Active Play program gives kids the chance to be healthy, have fun, and get inspired by positive youth role models from their own communities. Red Fox Youth Leaders guide children through energetic group games, circus arts and other physical activities that cultivate self-confidence, social connections, and new skills.The program is free for participants and open to children of all ages and abilities.Call (604) 343-6536 for more information.
To download a printable version of the calendar, click here: