About Connect for Kids
Connect for (4) kids website is here to provide resources and information on programming, events and services throughout the North Shore for children 0-8 and their families.
A community where children 0-8 and their families thrive.
to promote a healthy, strong and connected community by serving residents and organizations on the North Shore which comprises the District of North Vancouver, City of North Vancouver, District of West Vancouver, Bowen Island and Lions Bay. By providing a broad spectrum of resources and services to residents of North Shore municipalities for families and children.
The purpose of the Connect for Kids is to promote positive early childhood outcomes across the North Shore for children and families.
Connect for Kids works to:
- Increase community capacity – our community comes together, partnerships develop and we learn how to work together collaboratively to enhance opportunities for children and families.
- Increase effectiveness and efficiency – in coming together, community partners learn how to work more effectively and efficiently with their collective resources to enhance opportunities for children and families.
- Engage “hard to reach” families – in an effort to increase access to services for ‘hard to reach’ families, we undertake a range of activities to ensure that all families access necessary supports and services.
- Increase opportunities for early identification and screening – we explore new opportunities and approaches for early identification, including preconception, universal newborn and toddler screening and using strength –based approaches.
- Improve outcomes for children and families – we focus on early childhood development in ways that make a significant difference for children, families, service providers and the community at large.
The Connect for Kids website:
- Is child and family centered
- Demonstrates respect for community and parent expertise
- Supports opportunities and programs that are inclusive and appropriate
- Lists programs and services that identify and address barriers
- Lists programs that target the hard-to-reach
- Lists universal supports for children 0-8 and their families
- Lists programs that are research-based, built on relevant EDI, community and early childhood data
- Builds on the strengths of, and recognizes the diversity of, existing programs and relationships